Thank you to Eden Green PR for the following content
Recipe for Vegan Roast ‘Chicken’ Club Sandwich
Makes 1 large sandwich (serves 1-2)
- 1 pack of Squeaky Bean Roast Chicken Flavour Slices
- 1-2 slices of Squeaky Bean Ham Style Slices
- 1⁄4 avocado, sliced
- 1 slice of vegan cheese
- A few leaves of lettuce or rocket salad
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- A spoonful of tomato ketchup
- A little oil for frying
- 2 large slices of wholemeal bread
For the vegan ‘honey’ mustard sauce:
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- Start by slicing your red onion and placing it into a non-stick pan over medium heat alongside a little oil. Cook for a few minutes, stirring regularly until the onion softens.
- In the meantime, mix up your ‘honey’ mustard sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Once softened, remove the onion from the pan and set aside. Place 1-2 pieces of Squeaky Bean Ham Flavour Slices into the pan and allow it to cook for 1 minute, flipping halfway through.
- Assemble your ‘chicken’ club sandwich! Start with a layer of sauce, add on the avocado and top with the vegan cheese slice. To get your cheese extra melty, place it under the grill in your oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the sliced tomato onto the cheese, add a little more of the sauce, then top with a generous serving of the Squeaky Bean Roast Chicken Flavour Slices. Spread tomato ketchup onto the top slice, add the cooked ham slice, the red onion & finish off with the lettuce leaves. Spread the remainder of the ‘honey’ mustard sauce onto the second slice before placing it on top.
- Slice the sandwich in half and enjoy!