Thank you to Belle PR for the following content
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 3 eggs
- 10g unsalted butter
- 200ml whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 slices of white bread
- 100g Wensleydale cheese (with cranberry)
- 100g Gruyere cheese
- 1 jar of KellyBronze hot cranberry jelly
- 400g leftover KellyBronze cooked turkey
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- To create the bechamel sauce – add the butter and thyme leaves to a saucepan on a low heat. When the butter has melted, stir in the flour and leave to cook for two minutes. Then add the milk and whisk until smooth (no lumps!) Increase the heat and leave to simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove pan from the heat and add the mustard and Wensleydale cheese. Return back to the heat for 30 seconds until cheese has melted.
- Slice the bread into six 1.5cm thick slices. Spread the cranberry sauce onto three slices, then add the bechemel sauce and grate on some gruyere cheese. Add the turkey, some more gruyere and then sandwich together with the remaining slices. On the top of the sandwich, add a little more béchamel, a sprinkle of gruyere and bake in the oven until the cheese has melted and is golden brown in colour.
- Whilst the sandwiches are in the oven, grab a frying pan, add a knob of butter and fry three eggs until the whites are cooked but the yolks are still runny.
- Remove the sandwiches from the oven when golden brown, and place one egg on top of each.
- Eat and enjoy!